The Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative (AUNI) is a major component of the University-Assisted Community Schools (UACS) program of Penn’s Netter Center for Community Partnerships . AUNI has a comprehensive approach to improving nutritional health and fitness that engages, educates and empowers youth, University students, and community members in democratic and mutually beneficial collaborations. We’re currently hiring for part-time nutrition educators and program data coordinators:
Nutrition Educator, Part-Time
The majority of this educator’s time is spent in the field at assigned sites delivering nutrition education workshops.
Hours: Approx. 20 hours/week, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm; flexibility needed for some evenings to accommodate site hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach nutrition education in community settings including but not limited to, health centers, shelters, food pantries, and subsidized senior housing according to SNAP-Ed Guidance lesson plans, USDA’s MyPlate, and US Dietary Guidelines.
- Work with staff and partner organizations to effectively market program and recruit participants.
- Maintain current schedule, and program outcome/evaluation reporting for all assigned sites.
- Work with management team to maintain strong and positive relationships with program partners.
- Order food/supplies and prepare food as needed in accordance with ServSafe guidelines to efficiently conduct lessons and provide food tastings to reinforce key messages. Educator completes administrative paperwork needed for documentation and reimbursement of mileage expenses. Clean-up and properly store any remaining food or materials.
- Prepare for classes/workshops/demonstrations by attending trainings and staff meetings as needed.
- Complete needed administrative and tracking forms related to time spent conducting nutrition activities.
- Collaborate with other educators on activities/programs related to working with all audiences served by SNAP-Ed.
- Participate in health fairs and other community events, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Experiences and Requirements:
- At least one year of experience educating adult audiences about nutrition with a preference for teaching experience in a variety of urban settings, e.g., schools, shelters, community centers, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, flexibility, organizational skills, and ability to complete directives and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working with in low-income communities.
- Capable of physical aspects of work. Some heavy lifting required when materials are transported to sites.
- Proficiency with using email and MS Office applications to communicate information with team members.
- Clear child abuse, criminal history check and FBI clearance.
- Must be willing to travel locally. Valid driver’s license, insurance and car are beneficial. Mileage reimbursement provided according to funding guidelines.
- Experience with food planning, preparation, and presentation. Knowledge of ServSafe practices.
- Knowledge of nutrition.
- Minimum BS or equivalent required, with concentration in nutrition, public health, education, agriculture or related field.
Program Data Coordinator (2 Positions, Part-Time)
- The Program Coordinator will provide administrative support as well as assisting with coordinating and implementing events, correspondence, and general support. Other duties include milestone tracking, data entry and tracking for reporting purposes. Planning and implementing service projects, educational activities, and field trips. Support Penn student management, provide direct service as needed.
- Associate’s Degree plus 2 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat X-Pro PDF tools. Ability to export and import databases to and from Excel required. Experience with Google Drive is required. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Please submit all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!